As part of our “Build a Better World” summer reading theme, we had a Construction Zone program, featuring different building challenges for our young engineers. The stations ran concurrently and included:
- Newspaper tower building challenge: Build the tallest structure you can using newspaper, scissors, and masking tape. I believe our winning structure was over 70 inches tall!
2. Playdoh and craft stick challenge: Build a structure to hold one book out of (you guessed it!) playdoh and craft sticks.
3. Ping pong ball run challenge: Tape cardboard tubes to construct a run for ping pong balls, ending with a cup at the bottom.
4. Giant Jenga: We made ours out of soda boxes wrapped in brown craft paper (as seen all over Pinterest)
5. I also set out Zoob and Keva planks for free play
It was a fun way to spend a rainy Tuesday morning!