Did you know that September is Library Card Signup Month? If you don’t already have one, be sure to stop by one of the Lee County Library branches and get one. It will be the smartest, hardest-working, most valuable card in your wallet! Promise. What can you do with your PINES library card? Well, here are just a few….
1. Check out books, audiobooks, and DVDs from any PINES-participating library. That’s a huge variety of material, people! If we don’t have what you want here, odds are that we can find it somewhere and have it delivered to your home library, where you can pick it up at your convenience.
2. Check out Ebooks using Overdrive. They return themselves, so no late fees–brilliant!
3. Free access from home or the library to online databases such as World Book Web.
4. Two words: FREE INTERNET. Use our computers or bring in your device to use our wireless connection.
5. Reserve the Chehaw Park Pass (free park admission for up to two adults and up to four children)
6. Computer access for work and play.
7. Reserve a Georgia State Parks “ParkPass” for free parking or admission to any of Georgia’s 63 state parks and historic sites.
9. Zoo Atlanta pass for up to 2 adults and up to 2 children (ages 3 to 11)
10. Video games for Wii, XBOX, Playstation, and Nintendo DS, as well as computer games.
And don’t forget the many services our libraries offer for FREE!
–storytime/playgroup for babies and preschoolers
–special workshops on topics such as extreme couponing and computer skills
–after school crafts for kids
–special children’s programming such as reading to the Library Dogs and Dr. Seuss Birthday Party
–friendly and knowledgeable staff
Have I convinced you yet? If you don’t already have a library card–get one NOW! This includes children! It can be a very meaningful experience for a child to manage his or her own library card. Read more about it here.